Parkway are pleased to have been appointed the to construct the first certified Passivhaus in Milton Keynes, for the Milton Keynes Parks Trust.
Working in connection with Project Managers Jackson Coles and Architects Eco Design, both Milton Keynes based, we have developed the projects design and cost plan to achieve the Clients requirements in both elements.
The project involves the demolition of an existing derelict house and the construction of a new three storey 5 bedroom house and associated car port with a separate office above.
Whilst this is a step away from our core business, the appeal to construct this project came from utilising alternative design principles to and method to achieve the exacting standards required to achieve the Passivhaus principles and certification, some of these are detailed below.
- Minimal heating - heating demand < 15 kWh/m2
- Super insulated – U values < 0.15 W/m2 K
- Airtight – air test achieved 0.08
- Efficient heat recovery ventilation
- PV panels – to become zero carbon
- Low total energy requirements – total energy < 120kWh/m2/year